Thursday, April 9, 2009

You'd Think I'd Get Used to It

So. For those of you who know me or talk to me regularly know that I want to study abroad in Italy next year. You all also know how much I've been worrying about my acceptance or lack thereof lately. It's honestly on my mind all the time, and I hate it. I was supposed to hear back from the study abroad office the FIRST WEEK of MARCH and still don't have any new news despite it being the first week of APRIL.
What I can't ignore are all of the sad puppy-dog eyes everyone gives me when they find out how late this acceptance is. Yes, I know that many of you are perfectly fine with assuming that I'm going and seeing that as a hard fact (and I love you all for that!), but I can't help doubt the possibility that I won't be accepted. What's worse is that I can't help feeling the same sadness that I see in all of you that I really may not go.
I just wish that the &*$^@ office could figure whatever they're trying to figure out and TELL me already if I'm accepted or not. I got a message yesterday inviting me to an orientation meeting for all those wonderful students studying abroad next year, but it's almost just an attempt to make me feel hopeful about this slow process--an attempt to tell me that they're still very aware that something's wrong and a fruitless effort to help me feel included.
I just don't want to get my hopes up more than they are. I used to be so certain about it. : (

No comments: