Sunday, April 19, 2009

Life Is Good

I can't believe I'm writing right now. I have written, oh, I'd say 20 pages of research papers in the last TWO DAYS. The sad thing is, I have about, oh, 5 plus 4 other pages to write and 10 other pages to perfect. Boy-oh-boy will I be glad when this is all done. :) I'm so close!! And I'm definitely, for once, actually motivated to get it done EARLY!

Awwww but you know what?? I really don't mind all of this work. I know I'm learning...I feel SMART....and I can tell that I'm really beginning to actually INTERNALIZE the things I'm learning about. It's such a great feeling. :)

So lately I've been really excited about school and getting as many degrees as possible. I've come to realize how easy it will be to get an Honor's Degree, Human Factors Certificate, Italian Minor, and my Psychology degree, too. All it will take is a single extra semester. TOTALLY worth it! I like feeling like I'm actually going somewhere and that maybe, just maybe, I could get into a decent graduate school.

One of my psych professors personally invited me to join her graduate program here and I'm actually thinking about taking her up on it. My Dad even wanted me to forgo Italy and graduating early so I could join her program. There's absolutely, positively NO WAY I will ever give up that experience, though. The only reason I wouldn't go to Italy for is if the entire country sunk into the Mediterranean Sea and ceased to exist. Studying abroad is what I have worked so hard for the last years of my life, and now that I've OFFICIALLY been accepted (YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!) every day I work harder to make sure my experiences there will be life changing.

School, life, and my dreams are all in optimal places right now. It's all so good. :)

1 comment:

Ryan Smith said...

Very good Miss Carcelli! I am glad that things are "clicking" with life. It's a great feeling. Keep it up.