Monday, November 2, 2009

It's time for an official update. First of all, I'm in Italy!! I made it here safely and pretty much in one piece...my mind was scattered and not quite complete. I've been here for, oh, 7 weeks now?? Somewhere around there. And my classes have been going on for 4 weeks this week. One of my most favorite things to do is go running here because it gives me a chance to stare at the city sights for as long and as fully as I'd like. I also love going to other cities and seeing what it's like...to find the charms and non-charms of a spot. Like Assisi, for instance. RUDE! and Perugia--sweet. :) I also like sitting outside, slowly drink a cappuccino, and watch all the people walk by. SO FUN. Basically, my days are filled with figuring out the next place to sit and do nothing. We don't do much here...except live the Italian culture. I've already learned so much about myself and this country. I've already discovered so many things that I didn't know before. I've already had so many good adventures and lessons taught. How can it get better? Well, for one, visiting Florence would make it better. And Venice. And Portofino. And Croatia... For two, to have those I love coming and visiting me. It's not that I'm lonely here, because I'm not, it's just that I wouldn't mind seeing an old familiar face every now and again...you know? Someone that knows and loves the Lisa from before my Italian adventures; someone that I can talk about old adventures with and share all my new adventures and discoveries with. Luckily, I have that to look forward to. I have SO MUCH to look forward to.

No comments: